Friday, April 29, 2016

Thinner, thinner, thinner and thinner tech

Every generation of iPhone gets thinner. Every generation of laptops get’s thinner. Every generation of iPad gets thinner. This is pretty amazing. What Apple’s engineers do to improve performance while also reducing the form factor blows my mind. That said, I think it’s gotten to the point where Apple needs to refocus. 

The iPhone 7 is rumored to be getting rid of the audio jack. I think this is a terrible idea. This would be done so that the phone can be made thinner and so that apple can stuff more tech into the form factor of the phone. I think this compromise is going way too far. The audio cable has been standard for so long, every low to extreme high end piece of headphones depends on it. I’m never going to be in the mood to carry around adapters galore. 


I’m also really hoping that the next generation of MacBook Pro’s don’t get any thinner. They are already extremely thin and light. I have no trouble carrying around my laptop everywhere I go. If Apple compromise on a proper cooling system, quite frankly I will be extremely upset. Why should I pay top dollar for high end components that thermal throttle under extremely normal use? Please Apple, realize what “Pro” means and upgrade the hardware and the cooling. Don’t compromise on performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment