Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cynthia Hu Blog

Blog


I always picture myself checking my cellphone while walking and hit a tree or something. I mean, that never happens yet but I can see it happen. Still I like to constantly check my phone. And I see a lot of people on campus doing this. Sometimes I know I have nothing to do on the phone but I’ll still unlock the screen, swipe around and lock it again. I’m not sure if it’s caused by some kind of insecurity or something. Checking my phone every once in a while becomes a habit. Of course I miss the time when people only have that kind of keyboard phone that can only make phone calls and send text. But honestly I like the convenience smart phones and other technology brought us. But when it becomes too developed, it becomes something people rely on. Cell phone was invented because people can communicate easier this way. They can’t carry phone around and they can’t find payphone anywhere anytime. But now cell phone brought us way more than just convenient communication. It becomes a thing people use to avoid loneliness, awkwardness and all those feelings that they don’t want to face directly. They choose to hide on their phone and stay in the imaginary world instead of facing the real world. I appreciate the advantages that technology brought us. It totally leads us to a brand new world. But on the other hand, people need to use these technologies in the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment