Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cynthia Hu Blog

Blog

Remember once we discussed in class about the backpack we want to make, the new ones with almost everything on it? I like that idea when it just comes out and then it just goes on to a weird way. I suppose, it’s almost impossible to make something that applies for all groups of customers. Yes, there were a lot of great inventions that everyone is using them every day. But the backpack we talked about is a creation based on backpack. We didn’t just invent a backpack. So the difference is, we need to think about why people should choose our backpack instead of the regular ones. We have the ideas of WiFi, GPS, charger and almost everything nowadays people can’t leave without. Then somehow we added a fridge and something for mothers or babysitters to put their stuff. Then I started to picture this backpack in my mind. Do I really want to carry a fridge with me everywhere I go? What are the chances that I’m going to use the fridge and other thing on this backpack?

I think every product needs to have its potential customer group. It should be specially designed for a group of people and fulfill their needs. You can always design different kind of products that are suitable for different group of people. But it’s just too much to put everything on one product. Not saying it’s not possible, it’s just that people always like the things that are just right for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment