Thursday, April 28, 2016

Blog 23: The Use of Social Media by Recruiters

I think the use of social media by recruiters in screen job candidates is necessary when the recruiters make a decision on hiring. Some candidates might get offensive that strangers look at their social media like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. On the other hand, other job candidates, who already know that recruiters look at their social media, use the social media to find jobs, inversely. They create their profiles ahead of time, and they also show off that they are also prepared to work. I think the use of social media ought to be one of steps of recruiting people. Looking at the social media is one of the best way to know about the candidates. For example, social media like Facebook tells many information such as previous jobs, schools graduated from, professional skills, and how the candidates have lived. I think the information given in the social media is more honest than that of resume.
My use of social media today cannot affect my job search in the futures, because I had deleted some posts which would affect my reputation. One of the most important dos of social media is updating the informations. From the website Times.com, it tells things to update. “Make sure your profile is complete: photo, headline, summary, skills, detailed job history, and any additional items to showcase your expertise (e.g., video, publications). Join Groups so you can stay abreast of trends and more easily network” (Ceniza-Levine). By updating the profile, the recruiters can know about me in detail. Some of don’ts should be harming my reputation by myself. Examples would be, using abusive languages to others, or uploading pictures that are too provocative. In my case, I’d already deleted all the posts that bring down my reputation when I decided which college to attend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment