Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cynthia Hu Blog

Blog
I remember watching a film that is shooting from one person’s perspective. So as an audience, I feel like a character in that movie instead of someone who is watching the movie. I actually think that’s an enjoyable experience. It’s brand new and immersive. I thought about if the movie will be more fun when we make it into 3D, because 3D is meant to bring audience to the movie and make it more immersive. Despite that maybe it will make some audience feel dizzy, it maybe can be a fun thing to watch.

The videos we shoot in the film kind of reminds me of that film. It is even cooler because we get to see different angle of the image by moving our phone. Then we talked about making movies using this technology. It may become popular when the first person tries to do a movie with this technology because people just simply like new stuff. But I doubt it can be a trend for movie. For me I can watch a short video like this but not a whole movie. It definitely involves audience. It makes people feels like they are in the place instead of sitting in front a screen. But this is exactly what theatre is. People have different perspective watching movie and theatre. Especially now interactive theatre starting to become a trend, it totally provides immersive theatre experience that is more impressive than trying to get the feeling of being present in a scene but you are still sitting in front of a screen. People should appreciate theatre more because it provides the experience that almost nothing can replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment