Monday, March 28, 2016

When I Die I Want To Be A Japanese White Birch

By Jasmine Blennau



This is the coolest damn thing I've ever seen in my life. Instead of leaving your ashes on the mantle, or having them sprinkled in the sea, you can become a plant. What the biodegradable urn company, Bios Urn, has done is take its business to the next level by adding technology.

Let's start with the basic facts.

1. There are too many people on this Earth for all of us to be buried and get a headstone. There just is not enough space. We are running out of burial space and it is not sustainable.
2. I don't like the idea of my body sitting inside a metal box in the ground forever.
3. Plants make everything better.

Louis C.K. jokes about his grandma donating her body to a medical school.
"Imagine being the body where the kid got an F on you?"

Imagine being the remains that doesn't grow the seed into a plant?

The biodegradable urn accessory, Bios Incube, is preventing just that. Adding this sensor to the mix to ensure that your plant GROWS. It keeps track of the water, humidity, sunlight and more so that you don't overwater your loved ones remains to death. Pretty smart.

When I die I want to be a Japanese White Birch.

No comments:

Post a Comment