Monday, March 28, 2016

ePortfolios

     Electronic Portfolio, or ePortfolio is something that I learned in college. I used this tool for my writing and business classes. ePortfolios are an electronic collection of evidence that show your learning journey over time. By using ePortfolio, the student will gain a personalized learning environment, growth and confidence in the use of ICT skills, real 24/7 audience for their work, an avenue to communicate with others, and increased communication opportunities with their educators.
     On the other hand, the educator of the student will gain a greater picture of the "whole" student through work samples, podcasts, videos, photos, collection of student's works for assessment purposes, an avenue for feedback and forward, an opportunity for a greater connection with the students and their family members, and an insight into the student's achievements, attitudes, academic progression and thoughts.
     I thought customizing my own portfolio was pretty fun, rather than just writing papers after papers, and I was glad that I got to introduce myself and upload my resume on my portfolio, so that the readers can get the hang of who I am. ePortfolio is a great technology for any students to store all their achievements.

No comments:

Post a Comment