Monday, March 28, 2016

The use of CG

In modern day CG, green screens and special effects have become the norm in videos. I remember back when I was still in middle school and I first learned what a green screen is. It wasn't unit highschool when I learned what CG even stood for (computer graphics). I watch a lot of Youtube videos and I notice that Youtubers are using greenscreens, CG and special effects more. Back around 2006 I would always point out the CGs and think about how realistic they looked and try to find flaws in their realism. With the rise in popularity in these techniques now I take CGs and green screens for granted when I look at a video.
I like the idea of using these effects to enhance the video viewing experience because they are another methods for video makers to express themselves. Seeing a youtuber making fun of the old special effects they used to use made me think about how much these affects have changed. From pixelated blocks floating across the screen to realistic animations makes me feel effects have come a long way.
With how realistic CG is becoming I wonder if in the future movies won't require actors but rather CG and voice actors. Also computer generated movies will take less time to produce as computers and computer programs evolve. As if there isn't enough movies coming out right now. Still, right now the effects are not there yet. CG will be something that will continue to change as we develop more video making techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment